Between the Lines Gwin Gal

Between the Lines is a continuing blog series hosted by Katherine at Katherine’s Corner, which features around 80 bloggers all of whom are at least age 50. What a concept!  I am so pleased to be able to join in the fun and meet some new friends myself. You can find all of the prior weeks bloggers here:
Week 1Week 2Week 3Week 4

between the lines logo final sidebar
I have been following some blogs for several years now and about a year or so ago, I started following a new one because of her awesome DIY posts. I later found out she also did style posts too, which I fell in love with! And from there I began to wonder if there was anyone who did style blogs for us middle-age women (50 IS the new 30, right??) So I started googling and found one. And then I found a second one. And then…

You know what I discovered? I liked both the original blogs that I was reading (written by 30-somethings), AND I liked the new blogs written by ladies more my age. I am finding that the age of the writer doesn’t necessarily matter if the subject matter is what you are interested in!

Now of course, some younger authors may be writing about how to discipline her small children or how to get babies to sleep at night, and since I am an empty-nester, that’s not the blogs I read. But if she is painting her living room, or if she has found a comfortable CUTE pair of shoes, then hey, tell me about it because I NEED to know.

I have pretty much been a follower all my life. Too afraid of making mistakes to be the leader. But when mid-life found me, I made up my mind that I was going to venture out of my comfort zone and do some things that interest me that I have been afraid to do in the past. So here I am. Flying in helicopters. Zip Lining. Taking dance lessons. Swimming with dolphins. Blogging.

Stick with me. Lets see whats next!

Click here to see this weeks bloggers of a certain age:

• nloriehgwin says:

Jodie, I have been to your blog a few times and I love the way you style for 3 ages! You have really found a niche I think. I look forward to getting to know all three of you LOL 🙂

1. Carla a.k.a Mrs. R says:

Hi Nikki, I found you through the Between the Lines Series. I love your post and I’m with you on venturing out of your comfort zone. I’ve been finding myself doing the same things since I have turned 54. I don’t know what it is but I just don’t want life to get away from me and I want to savor every moment!

• nloriehgwin says:

Hi Carla, I know what you mean! I realized a few years ago, that I’d have to take 5 or 6 vacations a year to get to go to all the places I want to see on my bucket list! So I then decided I better start doing stuff. LOL I am so happy to meet you and hope to form lasting friendships though this journey! 🙂

2. Nina says:

Hello – catching up with you through the Between the Lines blog series, and happy to connect with another 50+ blogger. This is a fun series, and I’m really excited to meet other bloggers and make new friends. Hope to connect again soon, Nina @ Vintage Mama’s Cottage

• nloriehgwin says:

Hi Nina, Thanks for coming by! I have visited many of the BTL bloggers over the past few days, but I don’t think I’ve made it to yours yet. I will though!! I am so anxious to make new friends. 🙂

3. Michelle says:

Hello from Katherine’s Corner. Trying to get through to all the blogs in the series. Glad to meet you and will be reading more from you. Will check out your other social medias.

• nloriehgwin says:

Hi Michelle! Thanks for stopping by. I do hope to get to know everyone better through this venture! I am enjoying it immensely. 🙂

4. Amy says:

Hi Nikki! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. Your right, we do have a lot in common! I’m following you on Instagram and Google+

Nice to meet you too Marci! I have followed your blog for a few months before even knowing about this series that has brought us all together! I look forward to future visits. 🙂

5. Mary-the boondocks blog says:

Nikki it is so nice to see that you are also a part of this series. I suspect that there are a lot more of us than we had originally suspected. And really 50 is the new 30. We no longer feel like we are grinding to a halt when the kids are out of the house, but instead see it as an opportunity to fulfill our dreams and explore all the things we always meant to but were too busy in the past. I tried to comment over on your pew post but the pictures are not showing, so when you get that glitch fixed I can go and visit your lovely pew that everyone is talking about.

Thanks Mary! I am amazed at how many of us there are!
      I discovered today that the pictures on another of my older posts weren’t showing, but I didn’t know about the pew post. Something happened with the import from my previous blog I guess. Thanks for letting me know!

6. Marie, The Interior Frugalista says:

Hi Nikki, so nice to see a familiar face! I’m finally getting caught up on the Between The Lines series. BTW, love the look of your blog – so pretty! One of these days when time permits, I need to come back with a pot of coffee for a good long visit. In the meantime, we’ll catch you on social media, like the young’ns. lol

7. Ligeia says:

Hi Nikki – I am another BTL contributor and I’m still getting caught up on all the many posts from midlife bloggers. I admire the new adventures you are taking! I have become much less adventurous over the years, which is something I’m hoping to change. My husband is planning a trip to Africa for us and I’m not allowing myself to blurt out how frightened the whole idea has me. I get inspired by women like you who are living big.

Well, thank you Ligeia! I am enjoying myself even though I just started this more adventurous way of life recently. Africa does sound scary, but I’m game! Can’t wait to read about your adventures. 🙂

8. Pam says:

I have been much more brave after 50 also! (and in a few months, it will be after 60! I don’t feel that age at all, so it’s kind of a shock…) I love the Between the Lines bloggers. Also, so true about the ages of bloggers. I relate to bloggers of all ages, and everyone has something to learn and to share. Thank you for sharing at #HomeMattersParty!

Oh Pam, I get a shock every time I look into the mirror so I understand how you feel. Thanks for visiting. I so appreciate it. 🙂