A Case of the Shutters

A Case of the Shutters

DIY

Just a few weeks back, I showed you how my idea of siding the old storage building exploded into this delightful little shed. Here is our pitiful little storage shed in its BEFORE state:

DIY

DIY

So now that my shed is so cute, I was ready to start decorating it. The inside is still a work in progress but the outside is mostly complete. Of course, we know that decorating is NEVER really finished.

I knew I wanted to hang my washtubs, so that’s where I began.

Gardening, Decorating

Gardening

Gardening

Gardening

Next, I looked around for something to use as shutters. When I spied these metal rose pieces in my stash of stuff, I wondered…..

decorating
decorating

decorating

decorating

decorating

They were a perfect fit!

Now to move on to the front of the building. I knew I wanted to hang these decorative faux window guards/planters and decided that they would look good beside the door.

decorating decorating

And I thought I knew what I wanted on the opposite side of the door, but it took me a couple of tries to get it just right.

decorating

decorating

decorating
decorating

decorating

decorating

Next is to get the screen attached to the door and then figure out how to furnish and decorate the inside. Any ideas? I could use some help on this one.

Our Simple Homestead

Your Inspired Design

Homestead Hop

The Crafty Corner

Thank you. I was actually surprised at how fantastic it turned out! I knew it would be good, but not how good. Thanks for visiting. 🙂

Thanks for visiting Melissa! I was so pleased when the metal rose pieces fit the windows! I have had them for 6 or 7 years and could not figure out how to use them.
      🙂

1. Lori says:

What a transformation! Love how adorable your little shed is! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing at Dishing It & Digging It. We enjoy seeing your creativity each week! 🙂

Thanks Kathi! I am so pleased to finally find the proper use for them. I bought them at a yard sale several years ago. 🙂

2. Botanic Bleu says:

What a great idea to use old wood to hide a metal storage building. Looking forward to seeing how you decorate the inside.

Thank you for sharing at Monday Social. Be sure to join each Sunday beginning at 4:00 p.m. so all of our readers will not miss the inside of your shed.

Judith

Judith the shed project has been so much fun. To turn something destined for the burn pile into something beautiful and have it be my most popular DIY is awesome. Thanks for hosting the social. 🙂

Hi Amanda! Thank you so much. This will probably always be my favorite makeover, because it is such a drastic change from out it started out. I am ready for Merry Monday again. 🙂