Forced into Fall

Forced into Fall

My favorite season is summer. And I never want to give it up. I’m never quite ready for fall. But finally, I have to just admit its here and deal with it.

I love the idea of changing home decor for every season. And I tried doing it for the first year that we lived in our house, but it soon became evident that I am not the kind of person who can do that all the time. In fact, sometimes I have a hard time even decorating for Christmas.

I love seeing all the Facebook pictures and blog posts of everyone’s home decor for spring, and Easter, and Halloween, and Thanksgiving and well, ALL of it is beautiful! And it almost makes me want to get my decor out of the attic. Almost.

But a week or two ago, a cousin of mine posted a fall vignette picture and tagged me in it.

home decor

Photo belongs to Mary Wensing Devorachek

It struck me that this was something I could very easily re-create without taking one single step up into the attic. I grabbed the milk can from the back yard and headed to the porch. On my way, I saw my yellow and green turtle and picked him up. Then I went and gotΒ the wheel from in front of the garage, and in about 5 minutes, I had me a front porch fall vignette.

home decor

home decor

I love it. It is so simple and yet, very fall-ish. And then, I remembered that Mr. Menace had commented on some Goldenrod blooming in the yard at lunch. So I looked for a jar or vase that would fit into the milk can and filled it with water. Then I grabbed my clippers, cut down the goldenrod and stuck them in the can. I needed a few more, so I walked across the road and cut a handful to fill up the can.

home decor

Now that’s quick decorating!

Am I the only one that can’t find time to change out decor with the seasons?? Yikes!

Our Simple Homestead

Thoughts of Home

Your Inspired Design

Friday Feature

1. Mary-the boondocks blog says:

Nikki I absolutely love this vignette. That’s how I work too. I look around me and then start grabbing things. And if I don’t have everything I simply run outside to mother nature and let her provide me with the rest. Great job and it makes quite an impact on your front porch!

2. Mary-the boondocks blog says:

3. Cathy says:

I feel the same way you do. Summer is my favourite season, too! We spend quite a bit of time traveling away from home, so I have even less incentive to decorate for seasons. However, your front porch looks very inviting!

BTW, I found you on the Wednesday Showcase! Thank you for sharing.

Hi Cathy! Thanks for visiting. I have large mood swings. LOL Some years I will really decorate and some years not at all. πŸ™‚

4. Jamie @ Medium Sized Family says:

This is beautiful! I love the summer, too. It’s hard to decorate for fall and admit that the summer months are over. I finally caved and did it yesterday. The looks on the kids’ faces when they enjoy the Halloween decor is totally worth it, though. πŸ™‚

YES! Maybe I need kids around more often to push me into the seasonal decorating more. I will be over soon to check out your decorating! Thanks for stopping by Jamie. πŸ™‚

5. Botanic Bleu says:

Nikki,
    For someone who only needs a few minutes to decorate, your front porch turned out beautiful with fall inspiration. The goldenrod added the finishing touch. Thank you for sharing at Monday Social. We loved seeing this and hope you will join us each Sunday beginning at 4:00 p.m.

Judith

6. Amy says:

Well as a fellow summer lover, I can relate. I’m not decorating for fall at all this year because I have a new kitty and he just destroys everything now. It would be too frustrating. LOVE what you did, especially the golden rod. However, I’ve come to develop a hatred for that plant. It reseeded EVERYWHERE in my yard, and I have been digging it up all summer. It’ quite the nuisance plant for a garden. But it sure looks beautiful in that pot!

Ha ha I love to cut roadside flowers, emphasis on roadside! I bet the goldenrod everywhere IS a pain. I have a distant plan of having a cutting garden and I wouldn’t mind having some in it. Plans….. πŸ™‚