Garden Art

Garden Art

You may have noticed that I love plants. I love buying them, planting them, watering them, gazing on them, smelling them, and just sitting and watching them grow. But I believe is necessary to have more than plants to make an interesting and unique garden. I believe in adding garden art.

garden art, outdoor decor, yard art

Now don’t get me wrong. As much as I love my garden art, you can get too much! The picture below is a house in my old neighborhood where there is not one square foot of ground that doesn’t have a statue on it. It is kitschy overload!

I am going for a much more restrained look here. Although, you may disagree once you get further along in this post. LOL

garden art, outdoor decor, yard art

I love finding unique art pieces for my garden, which is about an acre, so I have plenty of places to use art.

garden art, outdoor decor, yard art

Generally speaking, I like my art to be in a flowerbed, as part of a garden area.

garden art, outdoor decor, yard artgarden art, outdoor decor, yard art

garden art, outdoor decor, yard art garden art, outdoor decor, yard art

My garden is always evolving. And in my mind I have major plans, with paths leading to different sections, and surprises around every bend.

garden art, outdoor decor, yard art

I am pleased with how far it has come along in the 5 summers we have lived here, but I am excited to see where it goes in the next 5.

garden art, outdoor decor, yard art

We will be spending our July 4th holiday at my Mama’s in North Carolina. So I won’t be around to visit with you much online. But I will catch up with you when I get back. Enjoy your 4th.

Marilyns Treats

I too love garden art and tucking little statutes in here and there. For me it all started with a little deer statute. The main thing I occasionally buy now are angels, cherubs, and fairies. Oh – and Lilly colored pinwheels. Solomon is partial to gnomes. ๐Ÿ™‚ (St. Francis of Assisi statute remains on my list for when I can actually find him for a good price.) I had to laugh at the garden with too much art picture you posted. I’ve noticed some people get like that. They can’t stop collecting! It’s obviously as addicting as tattoos for some people. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I do think garden art ads a lot of interest when used tastefully.

I can’t remember what started me collecting garden art, or even which was my first piece! But I do remember when I got my first concrete birdbath, so I’ll say that was my first piece. Every time I drive by a place selling concrete statues I want to stop and look. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh Heather, thanks so much! I love that too. The pitcher I found at Grandmother Gwins homesite! I was so excited to think of her maybe using this in years past. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. acraftymix says:

I love how quirky and surprising your garden is Nikki, especially that little statue with the umbrella. It’s always so much fun making art in the garden

Thanks so much Michelle! Mr. Menace created her umbrella and she is so cute, isn’t she. Thanks for enjoying my garden with me. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Teresa says:

Your garden art is delightful! I especially like the stones with the little footprints! Thank you for sharing at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty

Hi Teresa. I thought I would LOVE for my grandchildren to make me a stone every year, so that I have a path built with their footprints. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Dr Sock says:

Your garden art is lovely. We will be moving soon to an new house which has wonderful gardens and a number of pieces of garden art. I found your post of #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty.

Jude

5. Debbie-Dabble says:

O my Goodness!! I absolutely adore all of your garden art!! I subscribe to the philosophy of ” More is More’ so I LOVE all of it!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

6. Donna says:

I completely agree that well-thought out art pieces can take a garden to brand new heights. Your garden is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this with us at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty .

Mr. Menace gave that little girl her parasol. And when hooked to a water source, water will flow over it. Thanks so much Sue. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Carol ("Mimi") says:

I love your unique garden art pieces. I actually love to look at yards like that one in your old neighborhood, but I’d never do that in my own yard . . . too much stuff! Thank you for linking up at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. Iโ€™m sharing your link on social media.
    Carol (โ€œMimiโ€) from Home with Mimi