How to Add Outdoor Ambiance

How to Add Outdoor Ambiance

I love solar lights. They provide just enough light for outdoor ambiance.

I already showed you my solar chandelier that I made. If you missed it, you can read about my first attempt by clicking here, and myΒ redo by clicking here. The redo is holding up nicely.

**Thanks to HOME & GARDEN THURSDAY for featuring this post!**

A gardening friend of mine had solar cattails in her garden, but she had gotten them from a store up north that we don’t have down south, so I was really pleased to find some on clearance last year at Walmart! I have them beside Uncle Henry’s goldfish pond.

I put a solar spotlightΒ in a flower pot so that it is shining on my deck fountain. It’s just enough light to show off the fountain, but not enough to ruin the romance.

I put two path lights into this pot and set it by the deck stairs for safety. It not only identifies where the steps start to its right, but also where the deck drops off on its left side.

My arbor is nicely lit by these solar string lights that I bought from Target several years ago.

This accidental photo of the arbor is pretty cool I think.

I have another set of those same string lights around this window. This area is a work in progress. You will be seeing more of this area later.

See that green light to the right of the window? I can’t even remember where I got it, but it is one of my favorites.

It’s a cute painted metal flower and the light changes colors.

Here is a similar one at Target.

You might remember my Ginger Rock Garden. I have several “ball” solar lights in that garden. Most of them don’t work anymore, but I still like them, so I leave them.

I am thinking about spray painting them to update them. What do you think?

Do you love solar lights? I want more.

Make it Pretty Monday

Homestead Blog Hop

Hearth & Soul

Homestead Blog Hop

Marilyns Treats

I will have to show this post to Hunter. He LOVES lighting of most any kind. He has bought cheap solar landscape lights from Walmart and done all sorts of things with them. I have never really thought about it before but it would be very nice to have solar lights along the walkway to the front door, so we can actually see where we are going when we come home in the dark. πŸ™‚

2. Linda says:

Lighting is the key for creating nice ambiance. Looks like you have it covered. I would try painting those balls for some added color. Thank you for sharing at DI&DI.

3. Rosemary Davis says:

I love your idea of solar lights in potted plants. Don’t know why I didn’t think of it before? I going. To pick up a few next HD trip and light up a few dark spots in my garden.

Rosemary, it took me a while to realize that path lights look good (or better) in other places than lining a path. πŸ™‚

So true Sue! We have been sitting out there every night after supper. Loving it! Thanks for visiting and sharing. πŸ™‚

I haven’t noticed them this year either Laurie. But I am always on the lookout for something different. Well, different that I can afford. πŸ™‚

4. Leanna says:

Solar lights are gorgeous and whimsical when scattered in little spots around the garden. Yours add whimsy to your yard. Love how you did them.

5. acraftymix says:

Your garden looks so lovely Nikki, all those lights make it look like a fairy tale at night. So beautiful

Oh I think its great that solar lights will work on your balcony! Thanks so much for visiting Kathleen. πŸ™‚

6. Melissa Storms says:

That is all so lovely. We have to pick up a screen house to sit outside here after dark. I plan to get one for next year. I love the light up punks and your arbor.

We have a lot of bugs here in the summer! Have you tried citronella torches? They seem to help some. Or my husband just builds a fire…. Those gnats we’ve been having are terribly aggravating! I hope you do get you a screen house soon! Thanks for visiting my backyard Melissa! πŸ™‚