The Ongoing Project

Decorating my new deck, which you can see HERE if you missed it, is an ongoing project.

Outdoor Decor, Decks, Outdoor Rooms

It dawned on me last weekend that I needed something tall to offset the lone window on the bottom, when I remembered…

Gardening, Home Decor, Outdoor landscaping

Gardening, Home Decor, Outdoor landscaping

Gardening, Home Decor, Outdoor landscaping

This obelisk was not being used! It was just sitting behind my (adorable) shed, which you can read about HERE, waiting for the perfect time and place to do its thing.

Gardening, Home Decor, Outdoor landscaping

BUT FIRST

Rustoleum and I have a job to do!

One Coat:

Gardening, Home Decor, Outdoor landscaping

Two Coats:

Gardening, Home Decor, Outdoor landscaping

It just BARELY fit, but it fit!

Gardening, Home Decor, Outdoor landscaping

Gardening, Home Decor, Outdoor landscaping

Gardening, Home Decor, Outdoor landscaping

Gardening, Home Decor, Outdoor landscaping

Can’t you just imagine it with window boxes on those top windows??? What? YOU missed my window box idea?? Check it out HERE. πŸ™‚

Homestead Blog Hop

Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop

Simple Homestead

The obelisk looks absolutely perfect there! And yes to the window boxes!! What color flowers are you thinking?

Hi Sue, I think my windows are right for the look I want, but I’m not sure I’m right for the upkeep. Thanks for visiting! πŸ™‚

2. acraftymix says:

Your beautiful new deck will grow with you. It already looks lovely and the obelisk is perfect for the space. Adding window boxes will soften the wall so beautifully. Does it get sun all day?

Thanks Michelle. Yes, this area is pretty much full sun. It is shaded in the early mornings. Trying to decorate the large wall without getting cluttered is proving to be the challenge. But one I am up for. Thanks for the encouragement. πŸ™‚

3. Jodie says:

The deck looks great! It’s always amazing what paint can do…it’s a fresh look & pops against the brick. Thanks for sharing at last week’s reader tip tuesday…xo

4. sizzlesue15 says:

Love a deck and as it is Springtime now in Australia I could imagine myself sitting there with a good book! Thanks for sharing your project with us at #overthemoon link party.

5. Chrissy says:

What a fascinating post! The pics are gorgeous and make me want to believe in myself enough and start a garden. Ours is so very sad right now. My boys would love meeting your garden visitors! πŸ˜‰

Yea, my garden is winding down too. I hope to get my vegetable garden going again next spring. I sure missed having one this year. Thanks for visiting and bring your boys next time… πŸ™‚