Summer Tablescape Blog Challenge

When I decided to join Katherine’s, of Katherine’s Corner, Summer Tablescape Blog Challenge, I knew it would indeed be a challenge! I am not one to take the time for fancy table setup. In fact, I don’t even usually plan my meals in advance. When I get hungry, I go find something to cook.

Pretty dishes always catch my eye and I have been collecting fabric napkins and tablecloths when I find pretty ones at the thrift store, so I just hoped I might have enough to make a decent showing for Katherine. I didn’t want to let her down.

Tablescape, Outdoor dining, Home Decor

I already knew that I wanted to use my yellow dishes and the bouquet that I purchased at the Hueytown Harvest Farmer’s Market set the color scheme.

Tablescape, Outdoor dining, Summer Bouquet

This summer tablescape was obviously going to be outdoors and I had not planned to use a tablecloth. We eat outside a lot and I really wanted to keep it casual. But when I started putting my place settings onto the mesh type open tabletop, I realized things were not going to show up in the pictures and it just wasn’t working as you can see below:

Tablescape, Outdoor dining, Home Decor

I was actually looking for something else at the time, when I came across this tablecloth and wa-lah! It was exactly what I needed. It had the yellow and the purple and it included blue which was the final touch I needed and everything clicked in my head. I knew what to do.

Tablescape, Outdoor dining, Home Decor

Tablescape, Outdoor dining, Home Decor

Tablescape, Outdoor dining, Home Decor

Tablescape, Outdoor dining, Home Decor

Tablescape, Outdoor dining, Home Decor

I am pleased with how my first tablescape turned out.

Tablescape, Outdoor dining, Home Decor

Now, I’ll just go get the pitcher of ice tea and we can sit down and take out.

Don’t forget to check out ALL the participants in the Summer Tablescapes Blog Challenge!

Marilyns Treats

Nikki this is so pretty! I too never usually take the time to do anything like this. But it really does make things look special and extra inviting. I love all your extra touches and the pops of blue. My very favorite part is the little fairy girl tucked in by the flowers. I just may copy that one!

I don’t either LIsa. And I see that I should. I do like to present the food in an artful manner. I always arrange my tomato slices and onion slices in a pretty pattern when we are having hamburgers. LOL I love my little fairy. She is a souvenir from our trip to Ashville to the Biltmore. πŸ™‚

Thank you Jenna! I got those birds a couple of years ago from Dollar General and I LOVE them. There is also a pink one in the group. Thanks for visiting. πŸ™‚

2. Ricki Jill Treleaven says:

Lucky! My plan was an outdoor table, but with our torrential rains we’ve been having lately, I had to move my party indoors! I love your pretty table….your tablecloth is simply stunning. I love it! It’s my style and would match almost everything I have! Your pace settings are perfect with it. I do love your cheerful summertime table!

Linking from Katherine’s Corner,
    xo,
    RJ

Thanks so much Ricki! Wasn’t this a fun challenge? I got that tablecloth at the thrift store. I didn’t need it at the time, but it was perfect for what I needed today. I am sorry the rain foiled your plans, but I loved your tea party. Thanks for coming to my outdoor shindig. πŸ™‚

Hi Rebeca. I do love birds and these little sweet ones came from Dollar General a couple of years ago. Thanks for visiting. πŸ™‚

3. Sandra Garth says:

Seriously this is your first tablescape??!!! You did an amazing job and I hope you do more. How on earth did you get that overhead shot, it’s gorgeous. The hat on the chair is a lovely touch and I love the little birdies at each setting. I’m following you on social media as well.

Thank you Sandra! I have an upper deck as well, and I was standing on the stairs leading down to the lower deck where the table was. Not nearly as complicated as it looked. haha Thanks for visiting and following! πŸ™‚

4. Florence says:

That is so pretty! The tablecloth is perfect adding the right touch, as you said. What I can’t get over is that y’all eat outside! In this heat? With the gnats? Since I’m from good ole Alabama too, I know how it is…LOL. Just love that tablecloth! You have your table decorated so pretty. We don’t eat at a table anymore….too full of my junk! Ha! What part of AL do you live Nikki? I live in Western Hoover off So. Shades Crest.

Hi Florence! Well, yes I eat outside a lot. Mr. Menace will but only at the table under the big old oak tree and then he usually brings a fan with him. And yes, we have gnats terrible! They seem so much worse this year. I guess because we’ve actually had rain this summer. But they are not usually too bad up on the deck. We are outside of Hueytown, just a little west of Birmingham. Good to see you again. πŸ™‚