Who’s That Hanging Out in my Garden?

Who’s That Hanging Out in my Garden?

I’ve seen a lot of characters hanging out in my garden during August! Just take a look…

Rosemary, Insects, Mushrooms, Fungi

Rosemary, Insects, Fungi, Mushrooms

Insects, Fungi, Gardening

Insects, Fungi, Gardening

Insects, Fungi, Gardening

Gardening, Insects, Birds

Gardening, Insects, Birds

Gardening, Insects, Fungi, Mushrooms

Gardening, Flowers, Fungi, Insects

Millions of Jiminey Crickets! ha!

Gardening, Flowers, Fungi, Insects

Gardening, Flowers, Fungi, Insects

Gardening, Flowers, Fungi, Insects

Gardening, Flowers, Fungi, Insects

And a couple of pictures that were not in MY garden…

Gardening, Flowers, Fungi, Insects

This huge dragonfly was at the edge of a partial dried up pond near Nashville, Tennessee. He was the biggest one I’ve ever seen!

Gardening, Flowers, Fungi, Insects

Locust? Cicada? I don’t know but it was a strange empty shell, at the same pond in Tennessee.

Gardening, Flowers, Fungi, Insects

My daughter’s new friend. He would not leave! She took him off and he went right back several times.

Gardening, Flowers, Fungi, Insects

And this was in my daughter’s butterfly garden in Tennessee.

Who’s been in your garden?

Simple Homestead

Dagmar’s Home Link Party

Homestead Blog Hop

Wednesday AIM Link Party

Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop

Talk of the Town

Party in Your PJ’s

What a fun post! I’ll have to show Solomon. We’ve been studying bugs. πŸ™‚ BTW – I saw a picture in a magazine of window boxes filled with little pumpkins and gourds for fall – they had some draping greenery in them too. Probably wouldn’t look right for high windows, but rather interesting looking nonetheless!

Oh I do so admire people who have the energy to decorate for every season! I love the look! Tell Solomon I said HI! πŸ™‚

Thank you Tracy! I had a hard time getting a good shot of the spider and the bumble bee. the wind was blowing and moving the plant and making the photos blurry. I enjoyed your visit! πŸ™‚

If only I could have actually caught a picture of all the creatures that I actually saw…. I’m a little slow on the draw, so many got away from me. Thanks for everything Dee. πŸ™‚

2. Mary-The Boondocks Blog says:

Nikki if my girl had seen the one with the spider she would have passed out. Very brave of you to get so close up to your visitors. And these are all great shots, something that is really hard to get because the critters are always moving around.

Thanks Mary. It was difficult! Plus the wind would move the plants they were on and make the photos blurry and a lot of creatures that I tried to get, I was just too slow to accomplish. Anyway, it turned out to be a good collection. Thanks for visiting! πŸ™‚

3. Leanna | Faeries and Fauna says:

Your spider picture made me squeal, I wasn’t expecting it…bleckkkkk … The rest of the photos are beautiful, you have an amazing eye for photography and obviously a lovely lush garden.

4. madamdreamweaver says:

Great photos! The mysterious large shell is a Dragonfly casing. Their nymphs live in ponds, then they crawl out and the winged adult emerges. The Spider is a Yellow Garden Spider sometimes called a Zipper spider because of the way they weave thick central thread through their webs. Harmless.

Thanks so much Madam! It makes total sense that the shell would belong to a dragonfly since we were at a pond when we saw it! πŸ™‚

Actually these were all taken with my phone, which is a Samsung Galaxy 8+. I always intend to use my camera, but the phone is so handy. thanks for visiting Rhonda! Thanks for visiting. I love meeting a fellow gardener. πŸ™‚

Mr. Menace and I sat outside last night and watched the hummingbirds for at least an hours! And I showed him the spider and the bumble bee that loves my rosemary. I do love nature. And what a great experience to share with grandchildren, right?? πŸ™‚

Thanks Sandi. Every day when I get home from work, I take a stroll around the yard, just checking things out. And then after supper I usually come back out and take some pictures as the day ends. I love finding little creatures and amazing things. πŸ™‚

5. Marla says:

I love your pictures. I have been all summer taking pictures of butterflies on my butterfly bush and it is so much fun. I have some that look at lot like yours. The butterfly sure do love them. Sharing on pinterest. Visiting from Homestead blog hop.

Thanks so much Mom! I love being outside and witnessing all the miracles of nature. Thanks for visiting and your comment! πŸ™‚

Thanks Lori, isn’t it fun to just peruse your garden and see what’s out there to photograph? I do that most every day. Thanks for the compliment. I will be looking for your critters. πŸ™‚