Natalie Attired and Me ~ Fantastic Fifty Fall Blog Hop

Natalie Attired and Me

Now that I am an empty nest-er, I really enjoy being able to expand my wardrobe and to be more selective and spend a little more on my clothes. I was not able to do that in my younger Mom years. Back then, my cutest clothes were hand me downs from my teenage daughters when they finished with them.

*This post contains affiliate links to products or companies that I truly love and believed in before I joined the affiliate program. If you use these linksΒ to make a purchase, I will be compensated at no extra cost to you.*

Natalie Attired, Subscription Box, Fashion over 50

I recently signed up with a new clothing subscription box hoping to find some really unique outfits.

Natalie Attired, Subscription Box, Fashion over 50

Although I’ve always loved clothes and really enjoyed getting a new top or dress, it was a very rare treat. As all mom’s know, you are, willingly, at the the very end of the shopping list.

Natalie Attired, Subscription Box, Fashion over 50

Now I love exploring color and style. I am always on the look out for unique pieces, things that I have not seen in my local stores.

Natalie Attired, Subscription Box, Fashion over 50

This lace skirt is oh so beautiful and romantic, but I think it can also be styled much more casual.

Natalie Attired, Subscription Box, Fashion over 50

And now that we have a cool morning once in a while, I am LOVING this duster cardigan that I recently received.

I ordered my latest box from Natalie Attired asking for pieces to wear on our New England trip a couple of weeks ago. I took pictures as I tried on each piece from the box to share with you.

distressed jeans, natalie attired, styling service

The first piece was distressed jeans.Β distressed jeans, natalie attired, styling service

They fit great and I need the longer length so I kept these.

distressed jeans, natalie attired, styling service

These two shirts are cute, but I don’t like the fabric.

natalie attired, styling service, fashion over 50

They are too tight and not flattering.Β I sent both of these two tops back.

natalie attired, styling service, fashion over 50

tie sweater, natalie attired, styling service, fashion over 50

This sweater with the ties is exactly what I need for my trip so I kept this.

black jacket, natalie attired, styling service, fashion over 50

This jacket was a perfect fit and very well made. I loved it. However, I had just bought another jacket so I sent it back. I hope to be able to purchase it at a later date.

black jacket, natalie attired, styling service, fashion over 50

This post is part of the Fantastic Fifty Fall Blog Hop where several bloggers are joining up and posting about their “over fifty” life. Please take a moment and visit some of the other bloggers below.

Natalie Attired is a styling subscription service. When you order a box, you receive 5 pieces of clothing that you can try on at your leisure at home. The pieces are always a surprise, which is fun, and I love not having to go and spend hours at a store shopping. I am not on a regular schedule to receive boxes, instead, I just order one every once in a while, when I need something interesting. You can set up a regular schedule if you prefer. And returns are FREE!

Have you heard of Natalie Attired?

Bloggers Pit Stop

On the Edge

Happiness is Homemade

Dishing It & Digging It

Over the Moon

You’re the Star

Make it Pretty Monday

OMHG Wonderful Wednesday

Talk of the Town

Party in Your PJ’s

Dagmar’s Home

1. Midlife Dramas in Pyjamas says:

Looking good girl, looking good! I’ve added my link but can’t see how to read and comment on the others! My link just seems to have appeared at the end of your post – sorry if I’ve done it wrong. I’m still thrashing about in the dark somewhat lol!

I think everything is fine! You did good. And thank you for the compliment! I will be over to check out your post in just a few minutes. πŸ™‚

It’s a fairly new subscription service Amy. Your mustard sweater sounds lovely. I realized as I packed for New England that everything I own with sleeves is black or gray. bleh… πŸ™‚

2. Stacey says:

Gwin, I’m with you…spent all of our money on cleats and other things the boys needed growing up. Now I buy the clothes I want and love. I’ve never heard of this service but it looks like they have your preferences down pretty well. My addiction is the Loft sales. They have 40 to 50% off quite often and ordering on line happens just a little too often. πŸ™‚

Hi Stacey! Believe it or not, I have never shopped Loft. I do see it mentioned on blogs I follow but I wondered if they had anything to fit the midlife body. So sounds like I need to check it out! Thanks! πŸ™‚

They don’t always hit the mark, like the two shirts that just don’t work for me, but it’s just FUN! Thanks for stopping by Cindy. πŸ™‚

Hi Jodie. The white lace skirt was a part of a box from Natalie Attired but not the particular box that I just received. I got it back during the summer. Thanks! πŸ™‚

3. Mary-The Boondocks Blog says:

Girl you are rockin that color. I love that coral jacket that you wore with the sandals. I really like those distressed jeans you kept too. They look great on you. I have to admit that I too am the last one to worry about fashion. I care more about what my girls are wearing and generally stick to neutrals nowadays. But every once in a while I find something that I really like.

Mary that coral/orangey color is my favorite right now! I am loving all things orange or coral, but not peach… hahaha πŸ™‚

4. Paula says:

You have a darling figure and wear clothes so well! I loved the jeans also. I wonder if you have tried any other subscription boxes, like Stitch Fix for example? I am curious how they compare. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Hi Paula. Thank you for the compliment! Yes, I have been doing Stitch Fix for about 2 years now. I love it. I think it is so much fun. The basic premise is the same with the two companies. There are only a few minor differences. Natalie Attired doesn’t have a set “message for your stylist” each month, nor do they have anywhere for links to pictures of clothing and styles that you like. Everything else is pretty much the same. You can search my site for Stitch Fix to find more about them if you like. Or if you have specific questions, ask away or email me! πŸ™‚

5. leannelc says:

I love that you are game to try new things and that this offers you the chance to experiment and send back what you don’t like. I don’t think we have this type of service in Australia, but we do have some online clothing stores that I’ve bought a few things from – at least I know I won’t bump into someone wearing the same outfit! Leanne | http://www.crestingthehill.com.au

Online shopping is the BEST! Although, if you are hard to fit, the returns are not fun. Thanks for visiting Leanne! πŸ™‚

6. nikki frank-hamilton says:

I’m right there with you. Trying to figure out my style now that I have a bit to play around with it. The kids are older, and not needing as much, it’s fun to be able to figure out who I am and what I like. Being able to take the time to really consider pieces is a luxury, instead of just grabbing something off the rack cause I’m in a hurry.

This subscription box sounds fun, and all the pieces look so great on you! I really like that they are unique and different. Hope that you have a great trip.

I am obsessed with subscription boxes! I may be a bit overboard. Our trip was great and I looked cute. hahaha Thanks for stopping by. Lovely to meet another Nikki! πŸ™‚

That lace skirt is one of my favorite items! I hope you enjoy checking out the subscription service and thanks for visiting Carolann. πŸ™‚

I understand totally. I always wanted to look nice, I just couldn’t afford to buy much. I remember back in high school being excited when I got one new shirt from the discount store. But now, maybe I am obsessed… Thanks Rachel πŸ™‚

7. pamela groppe says:

This service sounds great. I hate clothes shopping so having clothes sent to me instead sounds like a great plan. You look great in the styles they sent. I totally related to your being willingly at the end of the clothing purchase chain.

Pamela, I absolutely love that aspect of the service. I’ve been doing Stitch Fix for 2 years and just recently started Natalie Attired. The only problem is that there aren’t any sales like in the stores. But I consider the convenience totally worth it. Thanks for visiting. πŸ™‚

Hi Elise! You can sure sign up and then request the cardigan. If they have it, they would send it. Thanks for visiting. πŸ™‚

Hi Marci. I like both. However, SF has so many more options because they have been around longer. I am not sure I can actually say which I like better. The clothes are just different. I think maybe NA has more unique pieces. But if you want current trends then SF. I hope you enjoy either one if you try! And of course there isn’t any obligation if you do sign up. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. πŸ™‚

8. Florence says:

Nikki, I’ve never heard of “Natalie Attired” either, but I hate shopping so I’m tempted to try it & “Stitch Fix.” I’m not sure what my style or size is b/c I recently lost a bunch of weight. Clothes I wear is severely limited by the type of shoes I have to wear, so I end up not ever buying anything. You look cute in what you kept though!

Florence, you might should give it a try! They will work with you to help you figure out your size and style. And you aren’t under any obligation to purchase anything! You can send it all back if necessary. Thanks for stopping by! πŸ™‚

9. Carol says:

Gwin, I love the coral jacket the best! I have to be honest and say I have lots of clothes, so I only buy what I really think I might need or want and it must be on a great sale.

Oh I understand Carol! I have to scale back often, but I am in the process of replacing “ok” items with items I love. Good to see you again! πŸ™‚

10. Barbara Chapman ~ French Ethereal says:

Really cute ideas for everyday wear! I’ve never heard of Natalie Attired before ~ will have to check them out. I’ve turned into wearing jeans everyday and it’d be nice to look for more pieces to go with them. My daughter was buying from an online company and really likes the clothes she has received from them. Thank you for some new ideas and an introduction to Natalie Attired! Glad to be on the Fantastic Fifty blog hop with you. <3

Barbara, I work at an extremely casual office so I know what you mean about wearing jeans every day! I get bored with it even! I did a post earlier of how to keep them less boring….. hahaha if you’d like to check it out it is here Casual but not Boring
      Thank you for visiting with me! πŸ™‚

11. Michelle says:

I hadn’t heard of that service, so it was interesting to read your post. You got some really pretty pieces! I’m glad I saw your post on DIDI. I’m over 50 and an empty-nester, too.

Yes, Victoria, that is what they count on I am afraid…. people falling in love with the clothes and NOT sending them back! Happens to me all the time! πŸ™‚

12. Debrashoppeno5 says:

I have never heard of this clothing service but they sent you some very cute things. I really like the jacket. The two tops are so cute also, it is too bad you didn’t like the material. It must seem like Christmas every month when you get a new box.

Getting the boxes does feel like xmas! Except for that whole thing of having to pay for it… πŸ™‚ but I sure do love the surprise and the ease of shopping this way. Thanks for visiting with me Debra! πŸ™‚

13. Grammy Dee says:

This is the first I’ve heard of Natalie Attired. Love the clothes, especially the more casual looking items.Thank you Nikki for linking up at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I shared your post on Fb, G+, Pin, and Tw.

Thanks Grammy! Its a fairly new subscription box company. And I love the casual items too since I work in a casual dress office. But I do love to dress up! πŸ™‚

14. Molly Stevens says:

I subscribed to Stitch Fix for a while and really enjoyed it. So fun to get the box and see what unique looks lurked inside. Most of the time I really liked the items. You look great in yours! What a hip grandmother!

15. Teresa says:

Very cute outfits! My favorite is the jeans with the peach jacket. They all looked very nice on you though. I’ve thought about subscribing to something like this, but haven’t taken the plunge! Thank you so much for sharing on Party in Your PJ’s. I’ve pinned an shared.