Sentence a Day ~ September 2017

What a fun way to describe my life in just a Sentence a Day:

September 1

Finally Friday!

September 2

Drove to the town where I used to live for a wedding shower of a dear friend who is like another daughter to me. And I visited with my very best friend who I miss ever so much. She was so good to me when I lived there.

September 3

I don’t feel like I got enough done today and that’s not a feeling that I like. Shoulda made a list.

September 4

Having Monday off from work is an awesome treat. I went to Home Depot for one thing, which they didn’t have, so I consoled myself with plants.

September 5

It was hard to get up this morning. I could get used to staying home.

September 6

The grass was cold to my toes when I took my evening tour of the garden tonight.

September 7

It is actually cool enough that I got to wear my new duster/sweater today!

Midlife Fashion, Fashion over 50, Over 50 Style, Over 50 Fashion, Natalie Attired

September 8

Looking forward to a good meal tonight. My lunch was yucky.

September 9

Attended the local Farmers Market and then rode with Mr. Menace to Lowe’s for some wood he needed, when I spied ONE outdoor sectional sofa clearance reduced! It now belongs to me.

Patio furniture, Outdoor furniture, Outdoor sectional, Outdoor Sofa

September 10

Spent most of the day moving light weight things out of the yard to underneath the deck in anticipation of Irma. See…. I need that space for clutter! Β *wink wink*

September 11

Most of the schools and government offices are closed today and tomorrow in anticipation of Irma, so its a very quiet day at the office, since our customers are county government offices exclusively.

September 12

My oldest sibling’s birthday is today. I do wish I lived closer and could participate in family gatherings. Happy 61 Ginger. That’s her below, on the right. (me on the left)

September 13

In keeping with tradition my sister, Ginger, had her first children 11 months apart and the eldest’s birthday is today. Her boys are my boys. That’s her youngest above.

September 14

Had dinner with an old high school friend who was in town for a work meeting. Ate at 5 Point Public House, one of my favorite restaurants listed HERE.

September 15

It’s Friday night and we decided to stay home for date night. I got all the deck furniture put back out from the Irma scare, and we had our apeirtifs as we watched the hummingbirds darting around feasting on the rosemary. Then after supper which consisted of leftovers, we stargazed from the hot tub. Splendid date night.

September 16

So after putting all the deck furniture back out last night, I took it all back off today in preparation for staining the deck. I shouldn’t thought that through a little further.

September 17

I did several tiny projects today and then spent HOURS staining the cracks between the deck boards. Not a fun job. But it looks good.

Staining a deck, Deck Design, low deck no rails,

September 18

I don’t know where this day went.

September 19

We’ve had huge unexpected, as least by me, rainstorms all afternoon. I brought my umbrella! But its in the car.

September 20

I saw the idea on Facebook, so I made unconventional Tacos last night. I eat low carb, so I had mine on lettuce leaves instead of tortillas. Mr. Menace had his on hamburger buns and liked it better than taco shells because they hold together better.

September 21

Busy day at work, loads of phone calls and when I got home I did some photo shoots outside before the sun set to use on this post.

ps. I do not recall EVER having no-see-ums anywhere I have lived except in this area of Alabama. They are especially bad in the early mornings and late evenings.

September 22

I had to drain the foundation bottle this morning to get any out of it, so tonight, its a trip to Sophora and then supper at Outback Steakhouse. Two words…. Blackberry Martini.

September 23

We went down to one of our “rental” houses (read: storage house) and loaded up a trailer full of things to sell at our yard sale next Saturday. Oh my aching back!

Yard Sales, Making cash for travel, clearing out stuff

September 24

Thirty-five years ago, I had my most precious gift EVER and her name is Crystal Nicole.

Babies, first born, daughters, Crystal

Went through boxes and boxes and boxes of stuff that I haven’t been through in several years. It will feel so good to get rid of some of this stuff next Saturday.

September 25

Busy, busy day at work today. It went by pretty fast though.

September 26

Unexpected out of town work day today and I was TOTALY successful in my mission. YAY me!

September 27

I don’t know if it was payback for me working out of town yesterday or what, but I was the only person in my department today. And the phone rang. and rang. and rang.

Empty office, working alone, Empty chairs

September 28

It was a blur.

September 29

PAY DAY!!!

September 30

After a 14 hour day, 4 baggy eyes, 2 sore backs, and much negotiations, my last EVER yard sale is over. Totally worth it! but never going there again.

Join us by clicking the button below! This will take you to links to all the bloggers participating in the Sentence a Day month in review. It is a fun insight into how people in other places live. You can also link up your own Sentence a Day post by clicking the button below.

Dagmar’s Home

Bloggers Pit Stop

Friday Feature

Hunter and I had fun reading this! But he kept asking “What was Dennis doing?” when Nikki did this or that. πŸ™‚

Well, on a lot of those days, he was doing the same thing I was… eating out, or going to Lowe’s, but I will sure try to remember and report to Hunter on that ! πŸ™‚

I love it so far Maria. Of course, we’ve only sat on it a couple of times, so I can’t really say too much about the quality. But since its cheap, I do expect it to not be the best. But it’s perfect for what I wanted on a budget. Thanks for visiting. πŸ™‚

Yes, Natalie, it was a busy month, but now…. vacation! Yippee! And lots of cash spending money to boot! haha Thanks for visiting Natalie. πŸ™‚

2. Jo says:

Loved your sentence a day – it was a fun read. I was picturing the hummingbirds…& want so much to try a blackberry martini. I even love how we both speak English, yet our phrases are different. We call a yard sale a garage sale, and I would have no idea what an outdoor sectional was if I hadn’t seen the photo. That’s what so great about this link-up.

Jo, I totally agree. The best thing about this monthly overviews is to learn ways of the rest of the world! That and to re-read for myself how my month was. Usually, I am pleasantly surprised. A lot of people here call it a garage sale too, but I was born and raised in eastern NC and no one had garages. So ours were yard sales. Thanks for visiting! πŸ™‚

3. amberiam says:

I’ve only had one yard sale, and my husband and I agreed that we were never going to do it again! It’s such hard work, and we hardly made enough money to make it worth it! I really like that duster sweater also. I’m impatiently waiting for our fall weather here in Nashville!

Hi Amber. I have had several over the years, but always wait at least 5 years between them or maybe 10. hahaha It worked for us, especially this time. We made a good amount and won’t have to dip into our usual bill paying paychecks for spending money on our trip. And I totally understand about waiting for fall, as I am near Birmingham, AL. You will get it before us I am sure. My daughter lives in Antioch. Thanks for visiting! πŸ™‚

I am so glad you enjoyed it! There is a group of bloggers all participating. You should join us Betty! Thanks for visiting. πŸ™‚

4. Kathleen Aherne (@CoolTweed) says:

Isn’t it a lovely feeling to get rid of stuff that you don’t need. I have had a couple of yard sales, the first allowed us to have a meal out. The next on we really downsized and we lived of the bounty for three months. That was a big downsize:) I enjoyed reading you sentence a day.
    Kathleen
    Blogger’s Pit Stop

Wow! We didn’t downsize… but now we do have room to organize what we kept. hahaha Thanks so much for your visit, Kathleen. πŸ™‚

5. mommyhon333 says:

I like your format here, girlfriend. Love how we each have a different way of outlining our days/lives.

First of all, score!!! Big time with that cardi or duster (you are adorable in it) and the sectional for the patio. Yay, YOU!

Great job cleaning out the ‘storage’ house and making some money from the things you were just holding up there. I look about our home and every flat surface is covered with something. Too much. And all my doing. We need a grand garage sale in the worst way.

Nephews are pretty special. I have daughters so my nephews are the sons I never had. Both very dear to me. Love that you feel the same way.

So glad to have you joining us!

Mommyhon, thanks so much for your encouraging words! I sometimes feel lost and alone and you made me feel like we are kindred spirits. Thanks again for visiting! πŸ™‚

• mommyhon333 says:

Always glad to stop by. I feel very lost and alone and like I am often talking only to myself (should be used to it after 59 years). Big hugs to you, dear one.