A Love/Hate Relationship

A Love/Hate Relationship

During the heat of summer, they are life savers.

In the fall, their majestic beauty shines.

Oak Trees, raking leaves, composting leaves, burning leaves, fall cleanup

And when they drop their first few leaves, I enjoy raking.

Oak Trees, raking leaves, composting leaves, burning leaves, fall cleanup

But then the wind blows

Oak Trees, raking leaves, composting leaves, burning leaves, fall cleanup

and the leaves fall

Oak Trees, raking leaves, composting leaves, burning leaves, fall cleanup

and fall

Oak Trees, raking leaves, composting leaves, burning leaves, fall cleanup

and fall.

Oak Trees, raking leaves, composting leaves, burning leaves, fall cleanup

I mow leaves. I rake leaves. I compost leaves. (See how HERE.)Β  I burn leaves. I compost burnt leaves.

And I repeat.

And repeat.

And repeat.

But come next spring I will be loving them all over again! My oak trees.

Do you love fall cleanup?

Dishing It & Digging It

You’re the Star

Hearth & Soul

Spread the Kindness

OMHG Wonderful Wednesday

Party in Your PJ’s

Homestead

Dagmar’s Home

No Rules

On the Edge

Bloggers Pit Stop

Thought Full Thursday

Friday Features

Share It One More Time

This post made me smile! My kids have chants against leaves when they work together cleaning them up in the fall. Ha!

I have to say, right now, I am with the kids and I am hating these 6 mature oak trees. And when I look up, the trees are NOT bare! In fact, they still look full. bleh! πŸ™‚

2. Cindi says:

WE don’t rake the leaves on our 3.5 acres. We just let them drop and lay where they fall. Leaves make the best compost and during the harsh winter months, actually protect the grass underneath. Come spring, my husband uses a mulching blade on his John Deere and the first time he mows, the blade cops up the leaves very well. Eventually all settles in the ground and the green grass looks spectacular. I really have no idea why people want to rake up any leaves. There really is no reason for it.

Well Cindi, here in the south, a heavy layer of leaves kills zoysia grass. We don’t have a harsh winter and we don’t need the cover. I do compost all my leaves, but in different ways. I compost what will fit in the compost bin, which is one pile. The rest I burn and then put the ashes in the compost. It works very well. It’s just a very big job. Isn’t it funny how different areas of the country have to work differently! πŸ™‚

3. Christie Hawkes says:

I love the fall leaves and would just as soon leave them where they lie, but I know when it gets wet, they’ll be tracked all over the house. My husband oversees the yard, though, so I don’t have to do the work on that one!

4. Nina Lewis says:

Man! I really relate to your love/hate relationship. Somehow, when we planted all of our trees, I didn’t realize just how many leaves we would have in the fall! Sigh . . . Thanks so much for sharing at our Party in Your PJs link party.
    Nina Lewis recently posted…Party in Your PJs #183My Profile