Better Late Than Never Christmas Tour

Better Late Than Never Christmas Tour

I felt like I got an early start, but now all of a sudden, it is just barely over two weeks to Christmas and I’m behind! How DOES that happen??

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I decorated my front porch for Christmas and winter.

Front porch decor, Fall to Christmas, Blue for Fall, Blue for Christmas, Shimmer Collection, Big Lots

Then I brought down my tree and put it up and placed a few feathers and picks on it. Never did even get out any balls for it.

Christmas stockings, Blue Christmas, Peacock decor

As I mentioned in my front porch post, I exchanged the pillows that were on the porch for fall and I was going to use them inside for winter so I exchanged my summery floral pillows on the sofa, with the solid blue ones from the porch.

Christmas Decor, Blue Christmas Decor

I found the snowball throw blanket at Burke’s outlet and knew I needed it for winter!

Then I hung our stockings on my “fireplace” mantel.

Christmas stockings, Blue Christmas, Peacock decor

When I went shopping over the weekend I found this sparkly ball garland that needed to be hanging on my mantel.

Christmas stockings, Blue Christmas, Peacock decor

I placed my peacock feather wreath and garland on top of the warehouse scales.

Christmas stockings, Blue Christmas, Peacock decor

My new honeybee wreath that I already showed youΒ HEREΒ makes the whole room smell delicious.

Christmas stockings, Blue Christmas, Peacock decor, Honey Bee Wreath,

After adding a few more favorite items around the living room, I was finished.

Christmas stockings, Blue Christmas, Peacock decor, Gingerbread children

Christmas stockings, Blue Christmas, Peacock decor,

I haven’t gone all out in a couple of years now. I find that if I just do a few favorite things on these years that it just seems to be too much work, that eventually the mood will strike again and I’ll be energized and motivated and decking the halls once again.

Christmas stockings, Blue Christmas, Peacock decor

Are you an early get ‘er done decorator? or a better late than never??

Over the Moon

Friday Feature

Sweet Inspiration

Share It One More Time

Sunday’s Best

Happiness is Homemade

Over the Moon

I LOVE the deer! It is so cute! And the blue flowers in the photo under it are very pretty. Everything looks pretty and festive without being overwhelming. We still need to get a tree – I like it yet don’t like how much room it always takes up.

I have had this deer for YEARS! It is so sweet. Some years he is on the front porch and some years under the tree. And yes, I went to a skinny tree because I just don’t have the room for a regular size tree! I have been known to take OUT a piece of furniture to fit in the tree. I love that you get a real tree though. I keep threatening to do just that and one year I will. πŸ™‚

Thanks Tabitha. I am SURE once you get started you will surprise yourself at what you can come up with. And the best thing to help with that is PINTEREST! So many ideas to help nudge the imagination. Thanks for visiting. πŸ™‚

I’m not totally sure I believe that Christie! But the best way to remedy that is to get on Pinterest and find pictures that you like and COPY them in your own home! I do that a lot. πŸ™‚

2. Erin says:

I absolutely fall in the better late than never category. πŸ™‚ I love your decorations! That dark blue is really pretty and I always love a white tree…it’s so retro.

Thanks Erin! I bought this white tree last year and I am loving it! The year before that, I spray painted my green tree with white paint. Not fully white, just a light dusting. haha πŸ™‚

Thanks Cathy! I had so much fun creating that honey bee wreath when I found those ornaments. And my gingerbread kids are my very favorite! They are getting rather old. πŸ™‚

3. Crystal Malone says:

The snowball blanket!! I love it! And in the spring it can be peonies πŸ™‚
    I usually have the christmas stuff up early, but I have found if it doesn’t get put up in the first couple hours of “hard” decorating, it usually gets put back in the box until next year πŸ™‚

I hadn’t thought about the throw for spring! haha Yep. Me too on the first few hours of Christmas decorating. And by the next year I am usually ready to put it up again because I missed having it. πŸ™‚

Hi Mary! I hope you are having a great January 1st! Thanks for visiting and enjoying my sparse Christmas decorating. We seem to be collecting scales… πŸ™‚

4. Rhonda Gales says:

I love all of your decor, but the bench and pillow in the first picture is my favorite. I wish you a Happy and Blessed New Year, and I’m looking forward to seeing more of your posts in 2018 on Sunday’s Best.

Thanks Rhonda. I love my church pews! I do hope you are starting your new year off in a great way! I will for sure be at Sunday’s Best again. πŸ™‚