Front Porch Transition from Fall into Christmas

Front Porch Transition from Fall into Christmas

When it came time to decorate my front porch for Christmas, I wasn’t ready to put away my fall decor. I liked what I had done and wanted to keep it out. So how could my front porch transition from fall into Christmas?

Fall front porch, Blue Fall decor

I didn’t want to spend a lot of money either. So I went to Michaels during one of their 50% off sales, armed with coupons and I bought just a few things to add to what I already had.Fall Porch, Fall Blue, Dusty blue for fall, transitioning fall blue to Christmas

ADDING SPARKLE:

The dusty blues of fall still appealed to me and I wanted to just update them for Christmas. And the best way to do that is to add glitter and sparkle!

Front porch decor, Fall to Christmas, Blue for Fall, Blue for Christmas

I found these blue glittery peonies at MichaelsΒ and I bought 3 in these two different shades of blue.

Christmas Decor, Front Porch Christmas, Glittered Pinecones, Michael's

I also got two of these silver branches with glittered blue pine cones attached.

Front porch decor, Fall to Christmas, Blue for Fall, Blue for Christmas

I didn’t remove any of my fall flowers, I simply added the new glittery ones to the bouquet.

Front porch decor, Fall to Christmas, Blue for Fall, Blue for Christmas, antique milk can,

It was a pretty good start!

ADDING WARMTH:

Fall Front Porch Decor, Christmas Front Porch Decor, blue fall decor

I have really enjoyed having this small blanket and pillow on my church pews for fall nights, so my plan was to keep the blanket here… I love that the print resembles leaves … and exchange the pillows for a more Christmas vibe.

Front porch decor, Fall to Christmas, Blue for Fall, Blue for Christmas

I found these snowflake pillows from Big Lots shimmer Collection,Β and I rather like that they will work for the whole winter and not just Christmas! I will be using the solid blue pillows inside.

Front porch decor, Fall to Christmas, Blue for Fall, Blue for Christmas, Shimmer Collection, Big Lots

I also purchased another blanket from Big Lots for the other church pew. This one is the same gray and teal colors, but this time in plaid.

I am transitioning from Christmas reds, but since I can’t afford to do it all at once, I am still using the reds but I decided to add some blues to it.

Front porch decor, Fall to Christmas, Blue for Fall, Blue for Christmas

I added these gray/blue/silver hydrangeas to my flower basket.

Front porch decor, Fall to Christmas, Blue for Fall, Blue for Christmas

This week, Michael’s had their Christmas florals 60% off, so I went back and got a few more to add to what I had. This time I found a third shade of blue.

Front porch decor, Fall to Christmas, Blue for Fall, Blue for Christmas

I am wondering if I should take the red topiaries out of the flower pots. I wish they were in blues instead.

Front porch decor, Fall to Christmas, Blue for Fall, Blue for Christmas

I am happy with the blue changes for Christmas. Do you think I should just remove the topiaries and let the flower pots be empty? Or another idea, spray paint?? What would you do?

*NOTE: The links in this post are NOT affiliate links. I am just sharing where I purchased my items for your convenience.*

You’re the Star

No Rules Weekend

Bloggers Pit Stop

On The Edge

Friday Feature

Share it One More Time

Happiness is Homemade

I LOVE the red – red and lighter blues are probably my favorite color combination. Where did you get the red topiaries? I have two big pots on my front porch – one one each side of the front door. The plants in them are now dead and they need something. Anyway – back to your porch – what if you moved one of the topiaries/pots to the other side of the porch? That way the red would look more balanced. Those blue glittery pinecones are amazing! Good job Nikki!

Lisa, I got the topiaries several years ago at Collectionsetc.com but I don’t see them on the website now. But there are some similar ones HERE. And now that I’ve looked at their website again, I see stuff I want!!! πŸ™‚

I do love a porch! The mood to decorate comes and goes. I am so glad you found some inspiration here, Natalie. I often find my inspiration from other bloggers. πŸ™‚

Yes, I am considering painting the solid color balls in the topiaries. I think it might look good. Thanks for stopping by and giving me your vote. πŸ™‚

2. Shelbee on the Edge says:

Nikki, I love that you kept the blues from fall and transitioned them into winter. The red accents are perfect for the holidays and then you can take those down after Christmas and the blues will transition perfectly for the rest of winter. I love the soothing tones of the blues and grays with the snowflake pattern, too. So pretty! Thanks so much for linking up with me and #SpreadingTheKindness!

Shelbee

Hi Summer! Yes, the muted blues, soft blues, dusty blues… that is what spoke to me this past fall when I found the first flowers for my fall porch. Thanks so much for visiting. πŸ™‚

3. Florence @ VintageSouthernPicks says:

Wow, I love your church pews Nikki! Such awesome spaces to decorate! I wasn’t ready to get rid of my Fall Decor either, so I just moved it to the back porch, where I’m still enjoying it, whereas I have Christmas in the front.
    I LOVE that blanket you’re using, and that pillow. Great idea to transition with sparklies!

Hi Florence! So good to see you again. I love my church pews. I think your idea of moving fall to the back porch is a great idea! I have really done any seasonal decorating in the back yet. So I will keep that in the back of my mind and maybe I’ll come up with something. πŸ™‚

I prefer the blues too Mary. But I just can’t decide what to do about the reds. Oh well, one day an idea will hit me right smack in the forehead! πŸ™‚

4. Lisa says:

I love the blue and silver decor I’ve noticed this year. Metallic Silver spray paint does a good job. And they make glitter spray which adds sparkle.. Got mine at Walmart craft area. I’ve always loved your porch with the pews. I think it looks great.

5. Rachel G says:

I love the glittery blue pinecones and glittery blue flowers you found! I think blue is such a pretty color to theme Christmas decor around, I have a blue garland up in my home right now!
    You asked on my blog what country we live in–I’m from the USA, but have been living in Malaysia for a few years now!
    Rachel G recently posted…7th Anniversary Getaway + G Hotel ExperienceMy Profile

Hi Rachel! Thanks for dropping by! I’d love to see your blue garland. oh wow… Malaysia! I’ve always wanted to live a few months in a new place to really experience it. πŸ™‚

Thanks Elise! I love my church pews. Although sometimes I wish they were a tad smaller so I could fit a table and some other things. Some day I will see southern California for myself! πŸ™‚

Thanks Mardene. I think maybe I sometimes don’t appreciate my front porch enough. It gives great curb appeal, but I do most of my sitting in the back. Except when it rains. Thats when I love to sit on the front porch and watch the world get washed clean. πŸ™‚