Garden Goals for 2018

Garden Goals for 2018

Our yard was virtually a blank slate when we bought this house in 2011 and many changes have taken place since then.

2017 proved to be a productive gardening year:

*Many thanks to Marilyn at Marilyn’s Treats for featuring my Garden Goals on her blog! Click to see all her features.

Apiary

*I am excited that Angie at The Freckled Rose also chose to feature this post on her blog! Please click over to her blog and see all her features.

Garden Art, Dressing up the garden, pretty pots for plants

Ginger Garden

*Also thanks to Kelly for featuring my garden goals on her blog Simple Life Mom. Click to see her other features!

Edibles (blackberry)

I have many many grand plans in my head for our gardens, but these ideas have to be narrowed down to the feasible (money) and doable (energy) plans.

• build patio/fire pit area
  • prepare a vegetable garden
  • continue the evergreen portions of our gardens
  • add more blooming shrubs (camellia)
  • expand the mailbox garden
  • transplant 4 gardenia and 2 hydrangea to brick wall garden
  • start a cutting garden

proposed Fire Pit area

I am anxious to get started. But I have some indoor projects to get done first, which is NOT where I want to be.

What about you? Do you force yourself to do indoor things and reward yourself with fun outdoor things like new plants?? I do.

You’re the Star

Bloggers Pit Stop

Friday Feature

Sweet Inspiration

Sunday’s Best

What to Do Weekends

1. kage2015 says:

Love to see what other people are doing their gardens. We grow a huge vegetable, herb and berry garden every year. Found you on Blogging Grandmothers Link Party

2. Michelle Leslie says:

Happy New Year Nikki. I love that fire pit idea, we stay in a thatch roof house so as much as I waaaaaaant to try make one, it’s not going to work 🙁 but I can’t wait to see how you continue to transform your beautiful garden.

Hi Michelle! Good to see you again. Awe man, I sortof understand how you feel. I’d like ours to be closer to the hot tub, but I am afraid of sparks hitting the cover, so I won’t put it there. Thanks for visiting and checking up on whats happening here. 🙂

3. Chelsie says:

We just bought our first home last March and we’ve got so much to do to our yard! We took out the dead trees this fall and my goal is to pull the stumps and get rid of all the branches and lumber in the spring!

Oh wow! You do have a big job ahead of you. My yard was a blank slate when we bought it. All I had to do was starting digging and planting. Thanks for visiting with me! 🙂

4. Liz says:

I absolutely love your honey bee apiary garden! I would love to have a couple hives eventually. I’m tempted to do it now because somehow I’m the only lot in the neighborhood not included in the covenants and HOA agreement, but somehow I feel like that won’t fly with the neighbors, ha! I really like my patio and fire pit area, but honestly I’d probably say go with the vegetable garden or one of the other gardens instead as your focus for 2018 because building and maintaining a patio/fire pit is not as fun (in my opinion) or as affordable (fact) as the other goals. Sounds like 2017 was fun and productive, here’s to 2018!

Hi Liz. Mr. Menace did ask the neighbors that were closest to where we wanted to (originally) put the hives. They were all for it because they have blueberry bushes and figured it would help them. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. 🙂

I hope I get a couple of gardening catalogs in the mail soon! I don’t order very much though so they may just quit sending them. Thanks for visiting my little garden Lee. 🙂

5. Lorena says:

Oh wow that’s a big yard ! I make efforts to plant edible goods and its a tough job. I have learned to appreciate anything that is home grown !!
    I love working on my yard on weekends its relaxing..

A big yard was pretty much the only thing on my house wish list. Now Mr. Menace’s list was a bit more of a challenge. I got what I asked for. Thanks for visiting Debbie. 🙂

6. Rhonda Gales says:

I love gardening. I’ve had a vegetable and herb garden for several years now, and it has been quite productive. I would love to plant a few berry bushes. I need to find a sunny spot for them. I too have several indoor projects going on. I need to wrap them up before spring, so I can focus on the outside. Thanks for sharing on Sunday’s Best.
    Rhonda Gales recently posted…Sunday’s Best Linkup – #156My Profile

I am not sure how productive mine has been and certainly not profitable but I love doing it and the therapy is priceless. I am glad to know that someone else has to make themselves finish up indoor stuff so they can get outdoors! 🙂

Oh I hope you do too Ann! I didn’t have a vegetable garden this past summer and I missed it so much. I will for sure make sure to get one in this summer. 🙂

7. Angie Rose says:

Hi Nikki! I love seeing what your plans are for your garden this year. So inspirational! You have been featured this week at Dishing It & Digging It. Thank you so much for sharing with us 🙂

8. Marilyn Lesniak says:

Congratulations! Your post was my feature pick at #WWBlogHop this week. Visit me at https://www.marilynstreats.com on Tuesday evening to see your feature! All hosts choose their own features from the comments left on their blog so be sure to stop by and see your feaure. I invite you to leave more links to be shared and commented upon. Please be sure to leave your link number or post title so we can be sure to visit!

9. Mary says:

Nikki your gardens are already so ambitious and grand. I can understand your wanting to be outdoors and gardening. I am the homebody type myself but love to look at beautiful gardens. My dad keeps a vegetable garden in the back yard that we all enjoy the fruits of. Can’t wait to see what you do this year.
    Mary recently posted…Ten Projects for A Special Valentine’s DayMy Profile

10. Ann says:

Sounds like you have some fun and grand plans for your garden! I would love to add a cutting part to my little urban garden! I love cut flowers but I love growing them even more, which is one of the reasons I started a garden several years ago! Thanks for sharing your plans!
    Ann recently posted…Growing Roses No Matter Where You LiveMy Profile